Saturday, June 19, 2010

Caramel Corn

...I'd just like to note...this isn't my picture...ours was gobbled up too fast :)

I LOVE this caramel corn recipe...as a teenager I made it at least 100 times...now not so often, it's more of a special treat.  I think it's best eaten warm an gooey....

2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup or honey
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
6 quarts popped popcorn
(that's about two batches on a standard air popper) 
nuts (peanuts, cashews, pecans...whatever you like)

Melt butter in a large sauce pan.  Stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt.  Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.  Boil 5 minutes without stirring.  Remove from heat, stir in soda and vanilla.  Pour over popcorn and nuts.  Mix well until all is coated. Will  harden as it cools.

No comments: