Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Creamy, Wiggly Jello {after-school snack}


This is a quick & easy fun treat that the kids can help make--my kids love to help...just be careful with the boiling water :)

You Need:

2 Large or 4 small boxes of flavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups boiling water
1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
2 cups cold milk (I use fat free)

1. Bring water to a boil.  Add gelatin & stir to dissolve. Set aside.

2. Mix together pudding mix & milk.  Whisk until it starts to set a little.

3. Add gelatin to pudding, stir until well combined.  Pour into a glass 9 x 13 pan (or for thicker treats, into a 9 x 9 inch pan).  Chill until firm, about 3-4 hours.

Enjoy!

*****
We sometimes like to mix & match.

To make 2 flavors in smaller batches:
Use 1 large (or 2 small) box of gelatin & half the water, then eyeball half the prepared pudding per flavor.  Pour each flavor into a separate dish (it fits great in a glass pie plate). Chill.

Try mixing flavors too...this time we made peach-pineapple & cherry-lime....I thought the peach-pineapple was great!

2 comments:

KayC. said...

I have raspberry jello left over from canning jam and I got some pudding to make...I can't remember...so i am going to make them for Jenna and me. Or I'll wait to Grandbabies get here for Thanksgiving.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

There's always room for j.e.l.l.o!

The farmers market looks wonderful. The best way to shop.

hugs from cindy@stitches in South Jordan, Utah