Friday, March 19, 2010

What's for dinner...last night

Mediterranean Pasta Salad

I thought it was great...so did my husband and daughter...my oldest son wouldn't even try it (that's not a surprise & I wasn't up for a fight last night). A nice bowl of this was our main course & it was more filling than I thought it would be. I did tweak the recipe a little...

1. I added 1 can of Artichoke hearts, roughly chopped (just because I love them & to make the salad more substantial).
2. It calls for 3 Tbs. of halved olives...I thought that was weird (is that like 3 olives??) we like olives so I halved about a handful...maybe a little more. I also added the rest of my 2 oz container of feta...instead of it wasting away in my fridge.
3. I didn't do this, but next time I will :)....slice the pepperoncini peppers, instead of dicing them...they get lost in the salad.

Now if you want to make this a side dish & want something easy to go with it...Try this:

Double the balsamic vinaigrette in the recipe, set aside 1/2 for your salad. Marinate boneless, skinless chicken breasts (however many your family will eat)for at least 1/2 an hour...longer if you can. Remove from marinade, pat dry. Grill (which is always yummy) or sear in a little hot olive oil in a oven proof skillet, when golden on the first side, flip over & put whole pan in a preheated 350 oven until cooked through. When the chicken is done, slice and add to your salad, or serve alongside.

Give it a try & let me know what you think :)

No comments: